Translate

Monday 2 June 2014

Basic Walk Cycles And Advanced Walk Cycles

Basic walk cycles

I have been learning about basic walk cycles and advanced walk cycles. Basic walk cycles are where you focus on the stages that every walk cycle has. The stages of a walk cycle are recoil, passing, high point and contact.
Here is one of the images that helped me to understand the stages of a walk cycle.


My first walk cycle that I did was a simple stick man walk cycle and it was not exactly the best stick man you have ever seen either. There was so much wrong with it but it was a test to see if I could get the stages right. My timing was not fantastic either.


My second walk cycle I tried to do in a bit more detail and it is a front facing walk cycle. Unfortunately I do not have a picture to help show you the stages of the front walk cycle as my tutor helped me the steps. When I handed it into my tutor he said that it was actually classed as an advanced walk cycle as it has personality to it. A few people described it as having swagga... 





Advanced walk cycles

These next walk cycles are classed as advanced walk cycles as they display a sense of personality and emotion through full body movements. 

I decided to draw a few different kinds of walks to choose which ones I wanted to do as well as figure out the stages for the walk cycles.


I did my animations in Photoshop. A few were side walk cycles and the others were front walk cycles. Here they are in order from when I did them.








I think I enjoyed doing the female walk cycles the most as I found it easier due to doing one earlier.






I also had a go at doing an animal walk cycle. I chose to do a horse as  a lot of people in my class were animating dogs and cats. I must say I did find it difficult and had to start from fresh quite a few times as I just confused myself but I got there in the end.
I drew the walk cycle stages of the horse to help me animate as well.





That is all that I have on walk cycles so far. Hope you have enjoyed the videos and the post has been helpful in some way.




No comments:

Post a Comment